Educational technology: UAE February 2019
The Victorian Government, through Global Victoria, invites export-ready Victorian Education technology (EdTech) companies and tertiary education providers to join the EdTech focused trade mission to UAE from 24 to 28 February 2019.
Why United Arab Emirates?
As the UAE Government continues to invest in developing its knowledge-based economy, education is considered a vital driver with predicted growth of 4.74 per cent between 2018-2022.
The government's vision is to provide the highest level of modern education to its students regarding curriculum, technology and environment through the creation of an education system that conforms to world-class standards.
According to the latest figures from ISC Research, the UAE led all countries in the Middle East in the number of international schools, boasting 624 international schools, up from 596 in 2017.
Private schools constitute approximately 60 per cent of the country’s schools and provide education to over 600,000 students. Over the next few years, the number of private schools in Dubai and Abu Dhabi will grow dramatically in anticipation of significantly increased enrolments – 400,000 students in Dubai by 2020, and 283,800 in Abu Dhabi by 2021.
PwC research reveals that more than 175,000 additional school seats are projected to be required in the UAE’s K-12 segment by 2020, with 90 per cent of the seats coming from private schools.
Such a fast-growing private education sector with providers looking for innovative ways to differentiate from competitors positions the UAE as a perfect location for Victorian EdTech businesses to launch their products and services.
There are significant opportunities for Victorian businesses who offer solutions and services that focus on:
- bridging communication gaps between parents and teachers.
- innovative teaching methods based on gamification and immersive learning with videos, simulations, interactive textbook and experiments.
- artificial intelligence (AI) backed learning.
- technology and innovation curriculum to promote computational thinking.
- evaluation and self-education systems with a focus on Arabic, STEM, arts, programming, health and happiness.
- educational solutions for students with special needs.
- digital transformation and design of a classroom.
What types of businesses should attend?
Applications are sought from Victorian education technology companies and tertiary education providers with solutions in the areas of (but not limited to):
- recruitment and admissions;
- online course provision with highly engaging content
- testing and assessment;
- teaching and learning contextualised with the latest news and issues relevant to students
- accreditation and credentials management;
- data analytics;
- internship management;
- student financing;
- parental engagement;
- infrastructure tools such as learning management systems.
Why should you attend?
This trade mission will be intimate, accepting a maximum of just 15 organisations to ensure a bespoke quality of the program.
Trade mission delegates will experience a tailored program of business development activities comprising business matching meetings, site visits, a networking event hosted by the Victorian Government, as well as attendance at the Global Education Supplies and Solutions Exhibit and Conference (GESS) Dubai 2019.
GESS is the largest exhibition of its kind in the Middle East, Africa and Turkey region that showcases a wide range of educational products from suppliers all over the world, and hosts international visitors, exhibitors and speakers.
Delegates will have a dedicated space on the GESS exhibition floor, be provided speaking opportunities, attend hands-on workshops from global industry leaders and influential local practitioners.
Delegates will be also be given opportunities to build market insights, explore market opportunities, expand their networks, showcase their capabilities and identify potential partners, have access to key decision makers and industry stakeholders from the UAE and other regional government representatives, as well as end users including schools and higher education institutions
- A conference call to discuss your business needs in the market with the Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office in Dubai and appropriate parties.
- Promotion in the Victorian Government mission’s marketing materials and through social media channels.
- Two pre-mission briefings, held in Melbourne and Dubai, prior to the official start of the mission.
On the mission:
- Transportation to and from offsite business meetings within your program
- On-ground assistance and expertise on demand from the Victorian Government
- Business matching meetings provided by VGTI office in Dubai and tailored to your specific business needs *Networking event hosted by the Victorian Government with key industry and UAE government representatives
- Attendance, promotion and speaking opportunities at GESS
- Exhibition space at GESS in the Victorian Government pavilion
- Post-mission briefing with delegates
- Assistance with follow-ups
- An evaluation form will be distributed to all participants to receive your valuable feedback
What's not included?
Victorian Government will not pay for your airfares, accommodation, ground transport or meals outside of official activities. >
VIDEO: GESS Dubai 2018 highlights
Key datesPre-mission briefings: February 2019
Trade mission dates : 24 to 28 February 2019
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Applications open: 20 November 2018
Applications close: 20 January 2019
EduGrowth Online Presentation
Join EduGrowth with their online presentation about the trade mission. Participants will be given the opportunity to ask questions about the market, opportunities and the practical details of joining the mission.
Date: Wednesday 12 December 2018
Location: this is a virtual event
Time: 3 pm to 4 pm
Want to know more?
For further information about this trade mission, please contact Maria Chirikina by calling her on 0436 613 063 or sending her an email.