International Chamber House
The International Chamber House (ICH) encourages strong collaboration between government agencies and bilateral international chambers and business associations, as part of Victorian Government's efforts to facilitate trade and investment opportunities for Victorian businesses with key international markets.
International Chamber House is situated on Level 5, 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne.
The chambers part of the ICH are the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce the Australia Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the French Australian Chamber of Commerce, the Australia China Business Council, the Australia – Indonesia Business Council, the American Chamber of Commerce in Australia, the Australia Korean Business Council and the Australian British Chamber of Commerce.
Managed by the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR), International Chamber House offers members access to facilities to support the delivery of chamber business, activities and events.
ICH supports the delivery of Victorian Government's international engagement efforts. Engagement with growth markets is vitally important to the performance of the Victorian economy.
ICH services available
Eligible organisations will have access to:
- meeting rooms with video-conferencing
- flexible workspaces
- function space for international business events
- business development partnership opportunities.
Victoria's credentials as Australia's centre for international business are:
- Victoria maintains a network of over 20 international Victorian Government Trade and Investment offices in strategic markets. These offices play a pivotal role in raising Victoria's profile and managing relationships with key international regions.
- Victoria has retained a triple-A credit rating which is indicative of our consistently strong economic performance, sensible financial management along with Australia's extremely supportive institutional framework.
- Over half of the world's top 10, and 29 of Australia's top 100 companies have chosen to establish their headquarters and conduct their business in Melbourne above any other state in Australia.
- Victoria is a convenient location across major time zones offering a practical location for global organisations looking for success in the region.
- Victoria's strong history of migration has produced a culturally and linguistically diverse population. Many Victorians speak a language other than English, especially Asian languages.
- Melbourne is the world's most liveable city.