Level 2, 150 Collins St, Melbourne, Australia
This workshop – brought to you by the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry – is designed to help you understand the cultural differences in business and enable you to develop successful relationships in Japan.
As the global marketplace becomes more accessible and your business continues to expand beyond borders, understanding the importance of culture in global business can go a long way in furthering your company’s goals.
Japan is the world’s third largest economy with a population of about 127 million. Japanese consumers have a high level of disposable income, and appreciate quality goods and excellent services.
Japanese companies are also known to have strong global orientation and a willingness to invest in sustainable, long-term products and services.
A key part of doing business in Japan is knowing how to adapt to the local business customs and understand your customers needs.
Attending this workshop will help you develop an understanding of the cultural differences in business that will enable you to develop successful relationships in Japan, and enhance your capability to:
- understand your customers needs and avoid any misunderstandings
- appreciate how culture can affect your international negotiations
- negotiate with customers and business partners effectively
- engage and develop long-term relationships with Japanese businesses effectively
- go into your meetings informed, confident and ready to do business
Who should attend?
This workshop is suited to:
- Business owners, Directors and Senior Executives
- Export managers and supervisors
- Sales marketing managers and supervisors
- International planners and purchasing agents
- International logistics managers and supervisors
- Senior administrative, operational and finance executives
This workshop is part of a series of training programs delivered under the Victorian Chamber FTA Next Step Program, which helps businesses take advantage of the opportunities available under Australia’s free trade agreements with China, Japan, and South Korea to grow and build sustainable exports.
Date: 28 February 2018
Time: 9 am to 12 pm
Venue: Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Level 2, 150 Collins St, Melbourne
Sectors: all industry sectors