Hosted by FIAL, the Thailand Food and Beverage Trade Mission gives Australian companies the opportunity to meet the right distribution partner to export their products into the Indochina region.
The Kitchen of the World
Thailand's aim to present itself as the ‘Kitchen of the World’ has bolstered their food and beverage sector. This provides Australian companies with an excellent opportunity to explore business partnerships and to supply quality food products to the market.
The continuing Thai economic growth, urbanisation and rise of the middle class has contributed to an increased demand for higher-value products.
Food quality and health considerations, rather than price, are becoming key purchasing factors. Consumers are paying more attention to a healthy diet and view Australia as a reliable, reputable supplier of clean, healthy and high quality products.
Ingredient suppliers can also benefit from this program because the Thai food and beverage manufacturing industry uses Australian ingredients, including dairy products, food additives, flavourings and cereals in their home products.
Thailand’s tourism and hospitality industry source considerable volumes of imported foods for both retail and foodservice channels. Though Bangkok’s metropolitan area remains Thailand’s largest consumer market, higher disposable incomes and increased tourism in regional Thailand is also fueling new demand for quality imported food and beverage.
Trade mission details
What companies should apply?
Export-ready Australian providers of gourmet and premium products, beverage products, packaged and processed food products, foodservice products and confectionary are encouraged to apply.
Why should you attend?
FIAL has engaged the services of Austrade and the NSW Business Chamber to provide a specially tailored Thai trade mission for Australian food and beverage companies.
Participating in the mission will allow you to:
- gain first-hand understanding of Thailand's growing food and beverage sector and it's opportunities
- meet with buyers from main supermarkets, department stores, and distributors in Thailand
- gain first-hand understanding of Thailand’s growing food and beverage sector and its opportunities
- market your products to Thai retailers and distribution companies by leveraging Austrade’s established in-market connections to connect with the right distribution partner in Thailand
- be provided with post-mission one-on-one support from the NSW Business Chamber to maximise your outcome from the trade mission.
- Pre-mission brief on Thailand
- Hotel accommodation in Bangkok and Chiang Mai
- Retail market insights tour of Bangkok and Chiang Mai
- "Food Innovation and Future Trends” dinner. Opportunity to hear from a renowned Bangkok Chef on food trends in Thailand
- Business matching, product showcase and sampling event in Bangkok (opportunity to pitch directly to Thai distributors and retail buyers)
- Networking dinner with buyers of Rimpin supermarket in Chiang Mai
- One-on-one post-mission support program to help maximise your outcome.
What's not included?
- Flights between Australia and Bangkok - all attendees are to cover their own costs
- Flights between Bangkok and Chiang Mai - all attendees are to organise and cover their own costs
- Some meals
Mission dates: 21 August to 24 August 2018
Location: Bangkok - Chiang Mai, Thailand
Registration deadline: registrations close 17 July 2018