8 Exhibition St, Melbourne, Australia
With the support of Victorian Government, through LaunchVic, Startmate is hosting regular pitch coaching workshops to help business founders hone their pitch to potential investors.
Nick was previously co-founder of Sessions (acquired by MyFitnessPal) and We Are Hunted (acquired by Twitter), and has funded and raised funding for multiple successful ventures.
The pitch coaching workshops cover:
- What is an investor pitch?
- What is the ideal format and length?
- How to structure a one-liner.
- What are the key elements of the pitch – problem, solution, team, timing, traction and ask.
- Best practices for deck design and flow.
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- What not to include in the pitch!
- Example slides from successful pitch decks.
- Live review of founder decks for immediate feedback.
Who should attend the workshops?
Business founders looking to refine and deliver sharp, focused and effective pitches
What will you learn?
You'll receive feedback on how to build a pitch that gets noticed, tips on how to approach investors and a review of your own pitch deck.
You'll also have the opportunity to meet privately with a Starmate mentor for 30 minutes to receive additional advice and attend exclusive quarterly networking events that connects investors and business founders.
Workshop dates: 12 April, 24 May and 21 June
Venue: Amazon Offices – 8 Exhibition Street Melbourne
Cost: free - registration is required