Victoria's 10 universities are among the best in the world, with two in the world's top 100 universities and one in the world's top 40 universities.
Our educational institutions offer state-of-the-art facilities, internationally engaged academic staff, access to world-leading research infrastructure and outstanding graduate outcomes.
Victorian university campuses are located in and around Melbourne, as well as throughout regional Victoria, and are active globally offering education, training and research solutions to governments, industry partners and students across the world.
Video: Melbourne, Australia for higher education
The Victorian Government invests in strategic international engagement to support Victorian organisations and industry to be globally active and competitive.
International education plays a vital role in supporting and strengthening our international engagement, including through the cultural and social benefits arising from people-to-people linkages through education.
Victoria's research centres, universities and vocational training providers are partnering with industry, governments and educational institutions around the world through:
- joint research initiatives
- aid and development services
- tailored curriculum development
- joint program delivery
- staff and student exchange
- consultancy services
- customised workforce development programs.
International multi-sector partnerships can draw on Melbourne's position as the world's most valued knowledge city with specialities including:
- Information Communications Technology
- medical research
- advanced manufacturing
- water management
- environmental and energy technologies.
This concentration of expertise has drawn leading international companies to establish major research and development operations in the State, offering unique opportunities for successful collaboration and partnership.
Discover how your business can import from Victoria
- Our global education network is located in eight key Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) offices around the globe. Education Services Managers (ESMs) (PDF download) provide on-the-ground support to Victorian education and training institutions interested in accessing new opportunities and growing their overseas business development activities. ESMs can also assist international governments and education institutions looking for opportunities in Victoria.
- Read about the Victorian Government's one to two-year strategic priorities for International Education.