Liveable Cities: China September 2018
Expressions of interest are currently open for Victorian companies to join Liveability Victoria International and Trade Victoria on a ‘Liveable Cities’ trade delegation to China's Jiangsu and Sichuan Provinces from 9 to 15 September 2018.
Specific opportunities and events will be tailored to suit each city using the strong links and long-standing sister-state relationships of the Victorian Government.
Jiangsu Province: 9 – 11 September 2018
Focus on Jiangsu’s Sponge City Initiative and the Sponge City Innovation Park.
Sichuan Province: 11 – 15 September 2018
Exploring Sponge City and broader liveability opportunities through Chengdu’s upcoming 15-year plan and ‘Green Path’ through the city.
Specific themes of the trade mission will include (but are not limited to):
- planning and urban design, including architecture, landscape architecture and placemaking
- environmental monitoring
- black odour/river restoration (silt management; water quality improvement; pollution source control)
About Liveability Victoria International
Building on Victoria's liveability credentials and status, Liveability Victoria International (LVI) assists Victorian businesses in the liveability sector to connect with targeted overseas markets, particularly in Asia, to share Victoria’s leading services and expertise in the liveability sector.
LVI promotes Victoria’s strengths in water, planning and urban design, and cleantech and environment protection, while seeking new ideas from our global neighbours to continue improving Victoria's liveability.
Trade mission detailsWhat types of businesses should attend?
Victorian companies with products and services in water, cleantech and urban design sectors are encouraged to apply. Sponge Cities require capabilities and products ranging from water treatment, landscape architecture, water modelling and environmental monitoring.
Why should you attend?
The mission offers the opportunity to meet government and business contacts in China to explore opportunities for involvement in China’s Sponge Cities program, as well as China’s broader liveability agenda.
The program will provide the opportunity for Victoria’s leading technology and service provision firms to:
- partner with the Victorian Government to promote themselves in China – leveraging Melbourne’s reputation as the world’s most liveable city
- leverage China’s Sponge Cities program to explore business opportunities and partnerships
- access tailored business matching and technology sharing sessions from the Victorian Government to open doors
- participate in in-country briefings from our Victorian Government Trade and Investment offices, a welcome dinner and site tours in each province
Victorian Government will organise site visits, networking and roundtable events for participating companies. The final program will be customised to best meet the needs of participating companies.
What's not included?
Victorian Government will not pay for airfares, conference passes, accommodation and meals outside of official activities.
Mission dates: 9 to 15 September 2018
Expressions of interest: currently open
For further details about the trade mission, and to register an expression of interest, please send an email to Karl Ellis