Expomin: Santiago April 2018
Every two years, Chile, the largest global copper producer in the world hosts the international mining community at Expomin to display the most advanced and disruptive mining technologies.
Expomin is a vital contributor to the successful market entry and expansion strategies of many Australian companies into Chile, and the Latin American region as a whole. Mining is central to the Latin American economy, and has made a direct contribution in the region to a reduction in poverty. Latin American companies are a significant source of investment into mining projects, and have invested into Victorian based mining companies.
Attracting more than 1300 exhibitors from over 35 countries, Expomin is visited by 70,000 key decision makers from the mining industry in Latin America, and other regions.
Trade mission details
What companies should attend?
Victorian businesses or companies involved in:
- exploration and mining
- mining software and technologies
- solutions to enhance productivity, such as automation or robotics
- mine health and safety, environment services, water management, energy efficiency
- consulting/engineering services
- technical skills training courses
- community relations.
Why should you attend?
Chile is the gateway to the many mining opportunities in Latin America.
Through immersion in Chile’s mining business environment and culture, you'll gain deep insights and an understanding of Chile, and the region's mining opportunities and challenges.
The expected outcomes for your company will be increased and sustained trade, strengthened relationships, and strategic positioning and market access for your business based on the world’s most important growth region for minerals development.
Apart from visiting the Expomin conference and exhibition, Victoria Government will facilitate:
- A local consultancy firm engaged by Victorian Government to generate tailored business meetings* for Victorian delegates.
- A Victorian Government hosted business round-table with key executives of locally based mining companies. This will be an opportunity to understand their perspectives on the future of the mining industry in the region, and the type of services and technologies local mining companies seek for their operations.
- A Victorian Government organised "Doing Business in Latin America" briefing with local advisory companies and Australian business people that have successfully established themselves in-market.
- Meetings* with delegates from other Latin American countries attending Expomin.
- One Victorian Government financed Austrade Prospector Pass per Victorian company.** This will give Victorian companies access to Austrade’s morning customer briefings, the Australia Networking night, and other networking events to be advised.
- A local PR firm engaged by the Victorian Government to generate media coverage for Victorian companies.
- Other activities to be announced shortly.
* subject to interest from local customers, and Latin American delegates
** Victorian Government has secured a limited number of passes that will be assigned to Victorian delegates by order of registration.
What's not included?
Victoria Government will not organise or pay for participants flights or accommodation. Hotel recommendation is available on request.
Eligibility, terms and conditions
Applications will be subject to an approval process and participation will be at the discretion of the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR).
Read the terms and conditions for participation in the Victorian Government's trade mission program.
Trade mission dates: 23 to 27 April 2018
Location: Santiago, Chile
Enquiries: for further information about the trade mission, contact Elise Coughlan on (03) 9651 9218 or 0429 347 848 or send Elise an email