Business of Design Week: Hong Kong December 2018
Register your interestApplications have now closed for this trade mission. Register with us and keep up to date for any future trade missions, or propose your own.
Victorian Government, through Creative Victoria invites you to take advantage of this unprecedented opportunity and join their largest ever design-led trade mission to Hong Kong where Melbourne will feature as the Hong Kong Business of Design Week partner city.
Why Hong Kong?
Held across five days between 3 and 8 December 2018, Asia's flagship architecture and design event will feature a stellar program of more than 70 leading design speakers, conferences, forums and exhibitions, and will host 130,000 delegates from more than 30 countries.
Business of Design Week (BODW) will run in parallel with a range of other design events, including DesignInspire – a major three-day public design exhibition and trade show. Community program, deTour will run concurrently alongside Brand Asia Forum, the Global Design Network Symposium, and the DFA Awards.
Victorian Government is also working closely with Commonwealth Government agencies, such as Austrade, and the Hong Kong administration through the Hong Kong Design Centre, Invest Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Trade Development Council.
In collaboration with leaders of design industry associations, the mission will include more than fifty small and large businesses, as well as Victorian educational institutions.
What types of businesses should attend?
Victorian design companies, design-led organisations or Victorian businesses from other sectors that are known for their design capability are encouraged to apply.
Businesses in previous delegations have come from a wide range of industry sectors, including architecture and urban design, communications design, industrial and product design, digital games, interior design, and fashion, accessories and high-performance sports technology design.
Why should you attend?
Trade mission participants will gain access to potential buyers, stockists, partners, clients and media representatives from across the globe, whilst gaining valuable exposure to Asia, as well as a range of networking, marketing and business opportunities.
Participation in the trade mission gives companies access to a range of services, assistance and opportunities designed to facilitate business outcomes.
- Asia-ready and export development training
- Discount for conference registration
- A travel subsidy for a limited number of eligible companies to assist in meeting travel and accommodation costs associated with the mission
- A pre-departure briefing and networking
- Invitations to Business of Design Week and Victorian Government functions and events in Hong Kong and a range of complimentary activities
- Promotion in the DesignInspire directory and the Victorian Design Showcase publication
- Business matching services to suit your business needs
- A dedicated pavilion within the three-day DesignInspire Exhibition promoting Victorian design including a meeting and networking space, a curated design space and areas more focused on trade
- Speaking opportunities may be available
- Retail opportunities
Trade mission dates: 3 – 8 December 2018
Expressions of interest: 9 May 2018 – 31 July 2018
Registration period: 1 August 2018 – 7 September 2018
Pre-mission briefing: October 2018
Other key dates
Grants program application dates: 5 July 2018 – 15 August 2018
Pre-departure training programs availability: September – November 2018
Please note that applications have now closed for this trade mission.
For further details about the trade mission, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org