BIO International Convention June 2018
Victorian Government, through Trade Victoria, invites you to register interest to join the Australian delegation at the 2018 BIO International Convention taking place in Boston, USA from 3 to 7 June 2018.
Trade mission detailsWhat types of businesses should attend?
Companies seeking global opportunities in areas of business development, partnerships and licencing, sales, marketing and distribution are encouraged to apply.
The types of companies include biotech, pharmaceutical and life sciences organisations, CROs and service providers specialising in the areas of drug discovery, biomanufacturing, genomics, biofuels, nanotechnology and cell therapy.
Why should you attend?
Victoria has significant strengths in a range of research and industry capabilities including infectious disease and diagnostics, cancer, neurology and regenerative medicine.
Melbourne is also a leading international location and strategic hub in the Asia-Pacific for new drug candidate identification, medicinal chemistry and drug optimisation, as well as clinical trials.
The Victorian Government is keen to continue showcasing these strengths at BIO2018, and will provide your organisation with a variety of marketing opportunities, connection points and networking resources to support your participation at BIO, as well as promotion of any announcement you might like to make at the convention.
For the pre-convention, Trade Victoria will :
- collaborate with our Boston Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office, and work with Invest Victoria to assist in maximising business opportunities
- provide opportunities for you to set up an email introduction or conference call to discuss your business needs in the market
- support any media announcements that you would like to present at the convention
- boost the profile of Victorian organisations through our social media channels
- host a pre-BIO2018 Convention briefing to be held in Melbourne just prior to departure.
During the convention, Trade Victoria will:
- hold a dedicated area within the Australian Pavillion
- provide complimentary logos for selected Victorian organisations to be exhibited on the Victorian section of the Australian Pavillion – numbers are limited, so be sure to register your interest – see note below
- provide space at the Victorian section for organisations to display marketing material
- set up informal meeting areas for delegates within the Victorian stand
- plan targeted networking events, including a formal welcome and networking reception
- offer a Bio-One-on-One partnering to selected eligible Victorian companies who have a paid and upgradable registration – please note that there are a limited number of upgrades available, and applicants are subject to selection criteria such as their alignment to the areas of strength outlined in our "Why should you attend?" section above.
For the post-convention:
- Trade Victoria is keen to work with participating Victorian organisations to leverage meetings held during BIO2018, and follow-up on initial engagements with personal invitations to visit Melbourne, and continue to explore opportunities or to execute partnering deals.
What's not included?
Trade Victoria will not pay for airfares, accommodation, meals outside of official activities, convention or registration fees.
Eligibility, terms and conditions
Applications will be subject to an approval process and participation will be at the discretion of the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR).
Read the terms and conditions for participation in the Victorian Government's trade mission program.
Trade mission: 3 to 7 June 2018
Applications open: 3 April 2018
Pre-mission briefing: TBA
Key points for registration
When registering, please confirm what benefits you would like to apply for:
- BIO One-on-One partnering upgrade to your BIO registration
- logo display at the Victorian stand
- any media announcements or case studies you'd like to propose
For further details about the trade mission, contact Libby O'Connor, Senior Trade Manager, Health, Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals by sending her an email