Australian cyber security: USA February 2019
The Victorian Government is partnering with Austrade on a cyber security trade mission to the USA between 25 February and 8 March 2019.
Join a delegation of Australian cyber security companies and connect with the world's leading cyber professionals, meet potential partners, investors and customers. The mission coincides with the RSA Conference in San Francisco – the world's leading security conference and exposition.
Designed to maximise your visit to the US, in the week prior to the conference, you will have the opportunity to travel to New York and Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia for exclusive meetings and briefings.
What types of businesses should apply?
Australian companies and research institutions with capability in:
- Cyber Security
- Information Security
- Data Analytics
- Cloud Security
- Mobile and IoT Security.
Why should businesses attend?
- Build relationships with leading cyber security, information security, technology stakeholders, and government agencies
- Showcase your capabilities and technologies at dedicated events coordinated by Austrade
- Participate in meetings with leading multinational corporations, universities, and accelerators
- Join exclusive networking functions, as a member of the official Australian delegation
- Leverage Austrade’s networks and on-ground support in the USA
- Get to know a broad cross-section of Australia’s cyber security community
- Make arrangements to meet potential partners and customers in the ‘Australia House’ pop-up, located only two blocks from the conference centre.
The program has been designed to maximise your visit.
New York program will focus on:
- Briefings with the New York City Economic Development Agency, the newly established Cyber Security Center and industry partners
- Roundtable discussions highlighting global trends with New York-based financial services, healthcare technology and cyber companies
- Pitching to a leading cyber-focussed venture capital firm/accelerator, followed by individual meetings with pre– identified companies on the delegatio
- Visit to a Cyber Fusion Center
- Networking event to a broader audience of cyber thought leaders, universities, companies and the Australian business community.
Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia program will focus on:
- Briefing and roundtable with the Virginian Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) and allied industry and research clusters
- Exclusive opportunities to pitch Australian products and services to select Defence primes
- A tailored workshop designed to educate delegates on practical and effective methods to engage the US federal contracting sector
- Networking opportunities linking delegates to a broader audience of DMV-based cyber thought leaders, universities, companies and fellow Australian businesses.
San Francisco program centres on the Australia House ‘pop up’ at 111 Minna Gallery and includes:
- Speed-dating activities and fireside chat to get to know fellow delegates and other Australians in the global industry
- Briefings and panels with customers in critical infrastructure, healthcare and other industries with cybersecurity needs
- A chance for a select group of delegates to pitch to a panel and audience of cybersecurity investors, experts and customers at the 2nd Australian Cyber Security Demo Day during RSAC
- Multiple networking events with industry insiders, investors, researchers and potential customers
- Opportunity to use the lounge at Australia House and private meeting rooms (in close proximity to RSAC) for meetings throughout the week
- Exclusive briefings on opportunities for Australian cyber companies in other global markets such as Latin America and India.
Mission dates: 25 February to 8 March 2019
Locations: New York, Washington DC and San Francisco
Applications: currently open
Applications close: midnight on 30 November 2018