Governor of Victoria Export Awards
The Governor of Victoria Export Awards (GOVEA) are the most prestigious export awards in Victoria. Rewarding the state's most successful and innovative exporters with the stamp of international success, a GOVEA gives your business recognition in local and international markets.
Now in its 40th year, the 2018 GOVEA awards will span 13 categories with an additional three Victoria only Awards.
The awards are open to all Victorian exporters, regardless of the size of the business or their total export sales. Awards are available across a breadth of industry sectors and company sizes.
Winners of the 13 categories are automatically placed as finalists in the Australian Export Awards – a national awards ceremony which sees the Victorian winners compete against other state and territory winners for the national Awards.
What are the benefits of applying?
By completing an application, your organisation can benefit by:
- boosting your profile and reputation
- being included in official GOVEA materials issued by the Governor of Victoria and Victoria's Minister for Trade and Investment
- recognising the export achievements of your organisation
- increasing your credibility in international markets
- increasing staff morale and pride through a reward for the team effort
- reviewing and updating your organisations export plan and operations
- gaining international recognition by becoming eligible for the 2018 Australian Export Awards
GOVEA 2018 key dates
Applications open: Monday 7 May 2018
Applications close: Thursday 28 June 2018
Victorian awards ceremony: Friday 14 September 2018
GOVEA workshop: Monday 21 May 2018 in the CBD from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm. Places are strictly limited to this free workshop and registration is essential.
How to apply
Step 1: Check eligibility criteria here
Step 2: Apply here. You can preview the questions from the online application form here PDF, 302.2 KB. Applications must be submitted online to be considered, and only completed submissions will be assessed.
One-on-One coaching opportunities
New to GOVEA and interested in some one-on-one coaching?
Can't make it to our workshop? Why not attend our series of webinars that take you through the online application process step-by-step?
The series of webinars run from 28 May until early June 2018.
GOVEA Award winner case studies
Watch our case studies to hear first-hand how a GOVEA helped award winners become more globally connected.
Want to know more?
For further information about GOVEA 2018, please contact: